Friday, December 3, 2010

Grow and Thrive

As I look back on this past year I know I have grown... and not in the uncomfortable... damn why don't these pants fit like they use to kind of way.  Well, mostly not in that kind of way.

I just had my one year anniversary of moving to Colorado.  My reasons for leaving Kentucky, while quite unpleasant, were exactly the motivation I needed to make a change.

This year I've been more homesick than I ever thought possible, more heart broken than anyone ever should be and more desperate than I ever want to be again.  I've also been higher than ever with my feet firmly planted on the ground... on a mountain, I've pushed myself harder than ever, been more inspired than ever and rode my bike further than ever before.  With so many recorded than-evers this year, I'm happy to be alive and sane.  My muscles have really gotten a workout, brain and heart included.



I know I've grown.  I'm stronger, more nimble and despite all the turmoil, happier than ever.

This year I've grown to be much more like the person I want to be than the person I wish I wasn't.  And if this is anything like training for a bike race its time a for a little plateau.  Its time to use my new muscles to live and breath and create.  Its time to thrive.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Many milestones were achieved this year including helping me through my rough times. So happy to have you as a friend. I too believe it is time to thrive.
    Love you lots!

    Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super stoked you are here being a maverick:)! Colorado is lucky the Rockies lured you. Nothing like a bit of altitude to refresh your attitude.

    ReplyDelete